Right you have overdone it and now have a hangover plus you have to go to work and act and look normal – how do you do it?
Alcohol is a diuretic; it increases urination and dehydrates you! Impurities are also added to alcohol and these prolong hangover symptoms, drinking water will dilute these impurities’ and help you feel better.
There are many cures that are supposed to help a hangover. The most important is rest because your body needs a chance to recover, so unless you can ring in sick try these top ten tips instead…
1. Rehydrate. Get a glass of water into your system before you do anything else, sports drinks are also good at replacing lost electrolytes. Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages, as they contribute to dehydration.
2. Take a quick shower to awaken your brain and skin, trying switching from hot to cold water to awaken the senses.
3. Apply Arnica cream (for bruises) under your eyes, it will make those dark circles vanish.
4. Use eye drops to get rid of blood shot eyes.
5. Use white eye liner on your inner lower eye lids, this opens your eyes and makes them look clearer and brighter.
6. If your hair is in need of a wash but you don’t have the time, use a dry shampoo like Batiste on your roots and brush through. If you don’t have dry shampoo a great alternative is corn flour or baby powder.
7. Use BB cream or a tinted moisturiser to even out your skin tone and cover up that grey tired skin and apply a little concealer under your eyes.
8. Take Berocca or Vitamin C in soluble form to rehydrate and give you an instant pick me up.
9. Keep drinking water throughout the day, keeping your body hydrated will help keep puffy eyes and headaches at bay as well as helping ensure that your skin stays clear and your mind stays awake!
10. Eat bland foods like toast and crackers to boost your blood sugar, low blood sugar leads to fatigue and weakness.