A Flawless smile used to be a matter of good genes but now a beautiful grin is within reach of most New Zealanders.
Cosmetic dentistry was once unheard of but now smile clinics are popping up all over town and regular dentist practices are revamping their skills and décor and jumping aboard the designer smile train.
A cosmetic dentist can reshape, file, close gaps and restore teeth.
Common procedures include:
- Teeth whiting
- Bonding – a tooth coloured material used to fill gaps
- Crowns – caps that are put over teeth
- Veneers (thin pieces of porcelain/plastic that are placed over teeth to reshape).
Cosmetic dentistry is an investment in your appearance and ultimately your confidence.
A smile plays a huge part in our communication and expression.
Here is a quick checklist of what to look for when contemplating a cosmetic dental treatment:
- Experience and Reputation is Key – remember this is an invasive surgery so ensure you select experienced and competent people to undertake it and provide the best possible solution for you.
- Cosmetic dentists require clinical, technical as well as artistic skills – get a second opinion before signing up.
- Listen to your needs and wants – look for a dentist who can accommodate your needs and wants as well as your budget so that you can reach your goals and a cost and time that suits you.
- Look for a skilled dentist and be aware of those that seem to good to be true – dentistry is a specialised field and requires ongoing education and commitment, ask to see the dentists prior work and recommendations.
- You need to get along with the people you select, look for friendly, competent, professional people as that will usually reflect the quality of workmanship.
Check out our featured dentist